The Spirit Squadron is a safe, positive and encouraging supporters’ group for the Washington Spirit. We stand behind our team and the NWSL. We aim to be respectful of our players, our coaches, fellow fans and opposing teams’ fans.
As a member of the Spirit Squadron, I pledge to uphold all of the following rules:
- Disrespect towards another supporters’ group is not tolerated. You represent the Squadron, and negative actions or malice towards others will be handled accordingly.
- Fans in the Squadron’s section are encouraged to chant, stand and support the Spirit without being inappropriate or derogatory towards the other team or its fans.
- You are responsible for your own actions, whether in person or on social media. We ask that you do not speak or post on behalf of the Squadron in order to keep personal opinions from negatively impacting the group.
- Discrimination is not tolerated. Additionally, foul language is not welcome in chants as we promote a friendly environment.
- When traveling with the Squadron, behave appropriately in other teams’ stadiums. Respect the stadiums we visit, follow their rules, and leave the area as you found it.
- Violence and threats of violence are not tolerated.